AIRCOM® Information Services
+ Improvements in operating costs through a reduction in fuel burn and operating time
+ Reinforces flight safety by giving early visibility of the potential for the need to use contingency fuel, or, in the event of a worsening forecast, the need to divert
SITA’s AIRCOM® Information Services provides on-request access to information directly to the cockpit over a data link. It uses SITA’s AIRCOM network to provide operational data requested by the flight deck crew – in-flight and on the ground.
AIRCOM Information Services provides the most comprehensive coverage of airports globally. It is available for all airlines that use aircraft communications addressing and reporting system (ACARS).
- FMS Wind Uplink – provides key data to the aircraft flight management system (FMS) for pilots to re-analyze weather conditions on the route ahead.
- AIRCOM Surface Weather– offers pilots in-flight access to the latest weather information from any airport worldwide. Typical turnaround time from pilot request to receipt is 15 seconds. Content format is tailored to suit the aircraft’s avionics set-up.
- Airport Information –single source for operational airport information and obstacle data that is important to aircraft operators in planning and dispatch.
- AIRCOM D-ATIS Gateway – allows pilots to access automatic terminal information service (ATIS) information, from over 150 airports worldwide, over a data link and in real-time.
HOW IT HELPS
Flight crews need the latest ATIS data for the airport as they conduct pre-flight preparations. This includes weather conditions, runway information, any ground restrictions, and other instructions from air traffic control. They also need this data for the airports they pass en route, as well as their destination airport.
Weather data requests are routed to the AIRCOM® Surface Weather database, which responds with the latest information from multiple sources around the world.
Requests for digital ATIS (d-ATIS) data are routed via the d-ATIS Gateway to the relevant air navigation service provider (ANSP), where they are processed and responses are transmitted back to the aircraft.
d-ATIS Gateway translates messages so that all aircraft are able to connect to all ANSPs without the need to implement expensive avionics changes.
d-ATIS data is available from the cockpit (via ACARS) or the ground.
Malaysia Airlines, Air China, Air Astana, Vistara
Aircraft communications & connectivity
Flight operations control
SITA is the world's leading specialist in air transport communications and IT solutions. We deliver and manage business solutions for airline, airport, GDS, government and other customers over the world's most extensive network, which forms the communications backbone of the global air transport industry.
Created and owned by the air transport community, SITA is the community's dedicated partner for information and communications technology. As a team of industry experts, our know-how is based on working with customers across the global air transport community. Almost every airline and airport in the world does business with SITA.
SITA innovates collaboratively with the air transport industry, and the industry itself drives the company's portfolio and strategic direction. Our portfolio includes:
- Managed global communications, infrastructure and outsourcing services
- Services for airline commercial management, passenger operations, flight operations, aircraft operations, air-to-ground communications, airport management and operations, baggage operations, transportation security and border management, cargo operations and more
We will contact you as soon as possible.