+ Reduced mishandled bag cost
+ Minimized departure delays
+ Improved customer service
+ Enhanced decision-making and staff effectiveness
+ Better security
SITA BagSmart is a new concept in baggage handling. For the first time, airlines and airports can predict in advance when bags are at risk of being mishandled – and get recommendations in real-time for how to avoid it.
Most baggage issues today are discovered late in the process, putting on-time flight departures at risk and resulting in bags being left behind. A large percentage of mishandled bags can be prevented if airlines and ground handlers are aware of issues in advance.
BagSmart provides this advance warning, as well as recommended steps to avoid mishandling. It increases the likelihood of at-risk bags making their connections, resulting in major cost-savings for the airline.
HOW IT HELPS
Typical baggage handling issues arise due to three issues:
- “Here and now” focus means bags are loaded as they show up, missing bags aren’t identified until just before departure
- Transfer bags go through many steps and pass through more hands than locally checked bags, resulting in extra chances for mishandling
- Late arrivals cause bags (and passengers) to miss their connecting flights
Designed specifically for hub airports with a large number of transfer bags, BagSmart reduces the level of mishandled bags, minimizing their impact on on-time departures.
By identifying arrival and departure flights with higher numbers of at-risk bags, and measuring the level of those risks, BagSmart allows better planning of resources and helps avoid last-minute problems from flight delays.
Flight operations control
SITA is the world's leading specialist in air transport communications and IT solutions. We deliver and manage business solutions for airline, airport, GDS, government and other customers over the world's most extensive network, which forms the communications backbone of the global air transport industry.
Created and owned by the air transport community, SITA is the community's dedicated partner for information and communications technology. As a team of industry experts, our know-how is based on working with customers across the global air transport community. Almost every airline and airport in the world does business with SITA.
SITA innovates collaboratively with the air transport industry, and the industry itself drives the company's portfolio and strategic direction. Our portfolio includes:
- Managed global communications, infrastructure and outsourcing services
- Services for airline commercial management, passenger operations, flight operations, aircraft operations, air-to-ground communications, airport management and operations, baggage operations, transportation security and border management, cargo operations and more
We will contact you as soon as possible.